This role involves putting together membership packs and other mail outs to people living with diabetes. Other admin opportunities may also be available, please enquire and let us know the skills you would like to bring to Diabetes Tasmania as a volunteer.
Type 1 diabetes children’s camps
Health professionals at camp
Diabetes Tasmania camps runs 5 camps each throughout the year and are developing day activities for children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
Camp is staffed by a team of health professionals including diabetes nurse educators, dietitians, medical officers as well as a group of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers.
The following medical staff attend camp:
- 1-2 lead diabetes nurse educators (DNE): coordinate the smooth-running of the camp.
- Additional DNEs: supervise or administer insulin, administer any extra medication needed and generally oversee the day to day diabetes management of campers.
- Registered Nurses: to assist DNEs and provide clinical support and diabetes management of campers
- Lead dietitian: ensures that the camp menu is planned according to appropriate guidelines and meets core food group requirements. The dietitian also provides dietary guidance and support throughout camp along with carbohydrate counting.
- Dietitian assistant: assists the lead dietitian in everyday meal planning and preparation (Junior and Senior camps only)
All medical staff must hold a Working with Vulnerable People Check.
For more information for health professionals or peer leaders interested in volunteering at camp, please email Jess, Youth Program Coordinator or phone 6215 9000.
Board of Directors
Our dedicated Board of Directors are all volunteers. Giving their time freely to help govern the management of the organisation. Be it, financial, project management, legal, clinical or otherwise. All members sit for a term of two years from election. If you are interested in finding our more please use the contact us page with Board of Directors in the subject.
If you are interested in volunteering for us please fill in the Volunteer Application Form , and we will contact you as opportunities arise.