The chairs of the Tasmanian Parliamentary Friends of Diabetes are: Guy Barnett MP, Jen Butler MP and Mike Gaffney MLC.
All members of the current Tasmanian Parliament are invited to join.
The key roles of the Tasmanian Parliamentary Friends of Diabetes are to:
- raise awareness among members of both houses of the Tasmanian Parliament about all types of diabetes, its impact and its seriousness.
- help us break down the stigma surrounding all types of diabetes.
- draw statewide awareness to the impact that diabetes has for those affected, their families, our communities and our economy.
- raise awareness of the risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes.
- promote healthy living for all Tasmanians.
The Tasmanian Parliamentary Friends of Diabetes is not a formal group. Rather members are kept informed of events and initiatives at a local, national and international level. They are sent regular email updates and quarterly copies of our member magazine Circle.
We will keep you up to date with any upcoming functions involving the Tasmanian Parliamentary Friends of Diabetes group on this page.