Resources developed through funding from the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) – an initiative of the Australian Government administered with the assistance of Diabetes Australia – are available on the NDSS website. Most resources are available to download as a PDF or eBook, or if you prefer, you can request a hard copy to be mailed to you, by contacting the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.
Resources on the NDSS website include general information about diabetes and self-management, diabetes and pregnancy, gestational diabetes, health and wellbeing, nutrition and exercise. Further information is available for targeted audiences, including older people with diabetes, young people with type 1 diabetes, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, and carers for people with diabetes.
For these above mentioned priority areas you will find a more detailed tab under resources on the side menu.
If you would like to speak to a diabetes educator or dietitian for more information, please call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.
The information provided is of a general nature only and should not be substituted for medical advice or used to alter medical therapy. It does not replace consultations with qualified healthcare professionals to meet your individual needs. In case of emergency, please contact your doctor or 000.
For your information here is a list of the fact sheets available. If you would like an electronic version of any of these fact sheets emailed to you in a pdf format, please email Ange Headlam - Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator.
- Adjusting to life with diabetes
- Alternative sweeteners
Blood glucose monitoring
- Carbohydrate counting and diabetes
- Coeliac Disease
- Concerns about starting insulin
- Diabetes and anxiety
- Diabetes and depression
- Diabetes and disordered eating
- Diabetes and pregnancy
- Diabetes distress
- Diabetes related complications
- Eating out
- Fear of hypoglycaemia
- Food choices for people with diabetes
- Healthy meal ideas
- Healthy snacks
- Hints for healthy cooking
- Looking after your dental health
- Looking after your eyes
- Looking after your feet
- Looking after your heart
- Looking after your kidneys
- Managing hypoglycaemia
- Managing sick days and type 1 diabetes
- Managing sick days and type 2 diabetes
- Medications for type 2 diabetes
- Peer support for diabetes
- Physical activity
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Sexual health and diabetes
- Steroid medications and diabetes
- Surgery and hospital stays
- The Glycemic Index
- Travel and diabetes
- Understanding food labels
- Understanding gestational diabetes
- Understanding pre-diabetes
- Understanding type 1 diabetes
- Understanding type 2 diabetes
- Your diabetes annual cycle of care00