Have you been told you are at risk of diabetes and would like help to prevent it?
Do you have diabetes and would you like help to better manage it? Or would you simply like to learn more about diabetes?
Whether you are a member of the public or a health professional, we have qualified diabetes educators, accredited practising dietitians and a range of programs and resources to support you. We offer:
- Group education (OzDAFNE, DESMOND and SMARTS)
- Telephone health coaching – The COACH Program
- One on one clinics with diabetes educators and accredited practising dietitians
- Webinars, events and health professional upskilling
- Peer support groups
- Camps for children and young adults with type 1 diabetes
- Trusted information, advice and support through our publications and resources
- Diabetes Tasmania membership to keep you connected to the local diabetes community
Diabetes Tasmania is also the state Agent for the National Diabetes Service Scheme (NDSS).
An important part of the work we do is advocating for all people who live with diabetes.
Living with diabetes can be challenging at times and at Diabetes Tasmania we understand that. As the state’s leading charity for diabetes, our purpose is to work with the community to prevent and reduce the impact of diabetes.
We can listen and help to connect you to support and information:
- If you feel you are being treated unfairly because of your diabetes in your workplace or other areas of public life;
- If you need help accessing the services you need;
- If you need support and information about your rights.
For help please contact our Health and Advocacy Manager on 6215 9000 or contact us via this page.