The number of people affected by diabetes is growing rapidly.
In Tasmania alone, it is estimated that 6 people are diagnosed with the condition every day. We work across the state – from diabetes prevention to diabetes management – to provide much-needed education and support for these people.
Your donation will help to fund our work in these key areas:
- youth programs
- community awareness
- support services
Some of our past and current projects include:
- donating yearly to the Diabetes Australia Research Program
- funding PhD student’s at UTAS, who’s research is based on a diabetes related topic
- running yearly camps for children and young adults living with type one diabetes
- upcoming we will be holding family days for continued connection with families and children, in between camps across the state
- educating those with diabetes on how to best manage their condition.
- community awareness campaigns
However you decide to help, you will be making a direct difference to Tasmanians affected by diabetes.